Being overweight is not only an aesthetic problem, but also a medical one, because obesity affects one’s lifestyle, comfort, and causes various serious illnesses. Associated psychological discomfort can cause depression, neurosis, stress, and other psychological disorders. It can also cause diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, heart attack and stroke, gallbladder and liver disease, arthritis, female infertility, hormonal disorders.
Modern weight loss medication can help get rid of the problem of excess weight. But it is also worth noting the need for a comprehensive approach to treatment. Only in this case it will be possible to achieve excellent results. In this article we will talk about the most common causes of obesity and those drugs that can help to get rid of it.
What causes weight gain?
The reason for the set of extra pounds can be anything, from low physical activity and ending with gastrointestinal diseases and malfunctions of the hormonal system. However, in most cases obesity is caused by an incorrect lifestyle.
Let’s analyze the main causes of excessive fat deposits:
- lack of physical activity;
- lack of exercise;
- frequent and severe stress;
- lack of sleep and rest;
- diseases of the digestive system;
- eating disorders associated with the nervous system;
- improper diet with an abundance of trans fats and fast carbohydrates;
- diseases of the endocrine system, leading to improper metabolism;
- taking certain medications (hormones, steroids, insulin, psychotropic drugs);
- genetic predisposition to insufficient production of enzymes necessary for the breakdown of fats and metabolism of sugars.
How to lose weight: ways to eliminate excess body weight
You can diagnose obesity with a specialist or at home by calculating the body mass index (BMI). The calculation of BMI is as follows: kilograms should be divided by height in meters squared. If your BMI is between 18.5 and 25, this is an absolute normal value, between 25 and 30 is higher than the norm, with an index of over 30 diagnosed first degree obesity. Such a diagnosis is a reason to see a specialist and take measures to reduce fat reserves.
Before treatment, it is necessary to see a doctor, undergo an examination and take tests: complete blood count, urinalysis, hormonal panel, ultrasound of the thyroid gland, liver, adrenal glands and pancreas. The diagnostic data obtained will help to determine the cause of overweight, the severity of the disease and choose appropriate medications for weight loss, appropriate diet, exercise, therapeutic methods for the treatment of pathologies that cause excess body weight.
If the problem lies in an improper diet and lifestyle, the following methods of normalizing weight parameters are used:
- Physical activity, sports, fitness.
- Controlling nutrition and creating conditions for a calorie deficit.
- Changing the diet in favor of foods rich in fiber, vitamins and biocomponents.
- Taking natural preparations for weight loss, dietary supplements;
- Working with a psychotherapist to change eating behavior.
Systematic use of these methods makes it possible to create a calorie deficit, tone muscles, and speed up metabolic processes, which will lead to the burning of fat deposits. If the problem is medical, however, it is necessary to start using specialized medications that will help get rid of the disease. Now it is very easy to buy weight loss medications, sleep aid and other medications. To do this, you can use modern pharmacies, which will help you to find everything you need and buy at a bargain price.